Re: NASCAR (dale earnhardt)

It's call HANS...for Head And Neck Support?  F1 and
CART require it...NASCAR doesn't.  It's a restraint
worn around the neck that connects the helmet
restricting head motion vs. body motion.  As it was,
and crude as it sounds, Dale's head kept traveling
when his body didn't, effectively pulling his head
nearly off, and tearing apart some vitals at the base
of his brain (so I understand).  Same with Adam Petty.

Dale showed how good he and Jr. were at the 24hrs of
Daytona, and his death is a loss for all race fans.
NASCAR will be the worse without him...he keyed it's
entry into the *real* big time.

Ron