Re: 40amp relays for lights.. WhereYaGetem?

You can get those nice interconnecting relay plates from the tops of just
about any German built VW's fuse panel through about 1990.  There's always
two or three of them up there (designed to clip on to the main relay
plate) and sometimes more.  All you need then are the connectors with the
locking tabs, or you can just salvage donor wiring from various VW's, like
I did.

Drew

84 Wolfsburg

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Riley McDowall wrote:

> At 7:18 PM -0800 2/15/01, DAN wrote:
> >Ok so I finally got 80/100's for the euros AND I
> >finally have all the stuff I need to wire em up perty
> >except for the relays.  I've found cheapass 30amp
> >foglight relays at parts stores but have yet to come
> >across good quality relays.  Where should I look?
> >Moooochas Gracias!
>
> What I did was grab up 4 of those nice 40A relays that the A/C-equipped
> cars come with - you know the ones that have the rubber sealant on the
> bottom?  Bosch makes relay blocks that you can daisy-chain together
> (available from ND), so I bought 4 of those, as well as 4 sets of the
> terminals that snap into them, and fabricated my own harness.  IMO this
> looks a lot better than lining up 4 of those single relays and having a
> mess of wires hanging down from underneath them.  Plus it makes it real
> easy to replace individual relays if/when they go bad.  HTH!

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca