Unusually High OIL temp

I have really high oil temps 120 degrees C +. and i can't figure out why...
at first i thought it was the oil cooler so i replaced that.. still no help.
so i thought i concluded that the temp was normal. so tonight i went for a
drive to test out the car. i drove about 12 miles back and forth on the
freeway, the temp didn't get above 110. so i was like cool.... so i went
back around my area to a school parking lot. and decided to do some donuts
and burnouts. after about 10 mins of that.. i noticed the oil temp being
really high. like past 150. maxed the gauge out. then i was going pretty
fast down the street, due to some unexpected head lights in the area, where
there shouldn't have been. i noticed the car hesitating and knocking a bit.
at idle, it would bog up and down.. this is when i immediately went home
after a few turns... to shut off the car, as i didn't want another seized
engine part
;-)... you guys have any idea why my oil temp is so high?

Thanks

Wing Gee
80' Turbo Scirocco (Busted Ring Version)
84' Scirocco - It's Runs!! (runs a little hot)
Http://www.TurboRocco.com (Almost There)