Motorsport shift linkage

A buddy of mine has what he tells me is a Motorsport shift linkage that came
off his MK1 rally car he totalled . I am going to check it out today but he
already tells me its  taller in the car , has super short throws and a 5 gear
lockout(like reverse).
I would like to know more for curiosity like if they are still available,
tech notes anything like that. If its a kick arse piece I am going to buy it
from him and put it in my S.
Maybe our overseas contacts know some info ?

Jasin
MK1 13.8
Waterfest showin?