Re: Problems and Queries (Jetta & Scirocco)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:37:20 -0000 "Andy Holmes" <scalainj@hotmail.com>
writes:

<snip>

> Scirocco - 1.8 dx engine/020 gearbox
>
> I am having much fun with first and second gear selection and my
> gearstick
> has a lot of play. The gearbox was rebuilt approx 18months ago by
> TSR and it
> has a TSR short shift on. The short shift keeps having its bushes
> melt - I'm
> replacing them about once a month - Is there anything out there
> better that
> will remove the need for bush changing?

Which ones? The relay shaft?

The A3 bushings are hard white plastic, instead of soft plastic rubber.
I had problems fitting them on a TT short shift, if the TSR relay shaft
is thicker, they will not fit...

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"