Problems and Queries (Jetta & Scirocco)

Hi all

Firstly

Jetta - 1.6 FR code
The oil light is flashing now and then at idle when the engines warm or hot.
I have changed the sensor/sender on the side of the block, I have changed
the oil (15/50), the filter and the oil pump and i have removed all the tar
from inside the sump.Anyone?

Squealing noise - I have a constant rotational squealing noise that starts
when the vehicle is warmed up, can be heard in a straight line, gets real
bad on cornering, and almost disappears under braking. I have so far changed
rear bearings, shoes, handbrake cables, drums but to no effect (Other than a
large improvement in braking)

Scirocco - 1.8 dx engine/020 gearbox

I am having much fun with first and second gear selection and my gearstick
has a lot of play. The gearbox was rebuilt approx 18months ago by TSR and it
has a TSR short shift on. The short shift keeps having its bushes melt - I'm
replacing them about once a month - Is there anything out there better that
will remove the need for bush changing?

Andy
83 Jetta Gl
91 Scirocco Scala