Re: Waterfest rallyists = "greasy dirtbags"?

Calawaymk2@aol.com wrote:

> THE INFO IS PUBLIC...

Right, but the info was *not* public when I mentioned this a week ago.
Whatever.

> I dont think the show cars are gonna go on the road with
> the greasy engine group to get a point. I'm sure the greasy shit bag cars will
> go for the point  I didnt spend $30,000 to  deal with greasy dirt bags. The
> winner of the rally should get case of engine de-greaser.

Did you spend $30k on your car to trailer your car to events and leave
it in the garage? Do you ever *drive* your car? What is the point of
having a beautiful show car if you won't *drive* it? -sounds like a nice
Rolex would be a cheaper and more practical piece of jewelry for ya.

Keep in mind that we're not talking about a ProRally -the gonzo balls
out, let's fly over jumps in the dirt stuff. This is a road rally -an
event conducted on totally normal (albeit twisty and beautiful) country
backroads. Cars will get no dirtier than in the drive up from where ever
they're from. I've seen cars trek in from California and Florida and
still look fine.

I don't know if you were kidding when you wrote "I didn't spend $30,000
to deal with greasy dirt bags". Was that sarcasm or elitism? Regardless,
if the scoring system goes in the manner that I'd fashion, there will be
enough combined points available from the rally, autocross, and drag
racing to give the "greasy dirt bags" a chance to win outright.

Polished trailer queens with all show and no go might just be at a
disadvantage this year. Bring it on.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut