Rear Brakes Problem

Hello

        I have a 87 8V Scirocco and the problem I have is my rear brakes both sides drag,
 I take a lug out and turn till I see the bottom of the adjuster wedge, pulled down by spring, (new brake kit springs ect. 1 year ago) and push up with thin screwdriver (easy to do) and it is good for a couple days then slowly but surely they drag more and more till  you can definetly tell they are dragging, (no brakes on grades at red light, stops by self, ect..) untill I repeat above ajustment is this common?
      Was the spring kit (Autozone)  defective (pulldown spring too strong both sides?). When I bought car brakes were past time to change so I replaced all around right away, so I dont know if it did before or not.
      Thanks in Advance for any and all Help.
Ron in Arizona