Re: G60 transplant into to Mk1...Questions

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:23:22 -0800 "Craig Williams"
<roccolister@hotmail.com> writes:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I've got a potential source car that I might be able to pick up
> cheap. It's a 1990 Corrado G60, 5 speed with about 113,000 miles. It's
a wrecked
> car with minor front end damage.
>
> I'm seriously considering buying it to strip it completely and
> transplant everything into a Mk1 Scirocco. I've always wanted to do
this, and
> never seen anyone who has done it.
Justin  installed a G60 into his '81 Scirocco...
The intercooler was mounted where the battery normally goes.
He sold it, because he didn't want the black cloud of the G60 following
him around, and he wanted to build a turbo instead.

> My question to all of you is if you know how it will all fit into
> the Scirocco. I'm curious about the exhaust downpipe, and plumbing for
> the supercharger, as well as the dashboard and center console. Anything

> else you can think of that might bring up fittment questions?
I'm pretty sure you can use an A1 dual manifold and downpipe, or a header
with a G60.
The ideal setup is to convert it to a turbo, and then it would require a
different manifold and downpipe.

> Any advice you can send my way would help. The car is at a salvage
> auction on Friday the 16th, so I have to decide soon if I want to place
> bid.
I'd check it's boost numbers before I bid on it...

> Thanks -- --Craig Williams
> 1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (As seen in 01-2001 Sport Compact Car)
> 1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife & baby)
> 2000 Saab Viggen (20 psi, Turbo charged monster)
> Northern California, USA

.
If this is for your Mk.1 Scirocco, I would look into installing a turbo
on the 2008cc 16V.

Check out Justin's AKA "Red Rotors" :
http://users.snip.net/~str8g/cars.htm

HTH,