Re: G60 transplant into to Mk1...Questions

In a message dated 2/11/01 9:23:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
winggee@hotmail.com writes:

The dash will need to be trimmed and brackets need to be made for an mk1. as
for the engine, with all the a/c, power steering, and charger, i think you
have to bang around to get it to fit and the tranny. you need to get the
hydraulic clutch and the cable shifter to fit in there. Not sure about the
downpipe. i'm sure others here will chime in on this.

i wanted to put the dash and instrument cluster in, but couldn't find a
cheap place to get one to experiment with.

I think putting that O2A in there will be fun :-)

Here's an interesting one,...if you want an O2A, I have heard you should
check a VR6 Eurovan.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)