Alternator, need to replace, what max AMP I can use?

 Well the canadian weather is showing the many little things that need to be
done on my porr little texan car...

I am about to change the alternator on my scirocco 1985 8v, and it currently
has a 65A alternator on it. I was wondering, what is the recommended maximum
alternator I can/should put back into its place without worrying about my wires
melting and setting my car on fire. Is there a reference somewhere (or shoudl I
ask my local VW dealer for this information?)

I am doing this next weekend with the change all belts on the engine (as they
are due now).
--
Patrick Bureau, pbureau@home.com
'85 Scirocco