Re: dual outlet manifold

Ryan McCarthy wrote:

> I was wondering if I picked up a dual outlet exhaust manifold from an early
> Scirocco, would it fit my 1.7L in my '82?

Yes, it will fit perfectly. Does your car come with an O2 sensor? Is so,
make sure that the manifold that you're installing can accomodate one.
If it does not then you'll have to weld a bung onto your downpipe.

> I plan on buying a TT dual downpipe,

I have used one for sale if you'd like it. I'd part with it for $50.

> Also, are there any disadvantages to polishing the exhaust man.?
> I figure better flow is good, but will I lose to much torque... TIA

Nope; go for it. Polishing will only help you on the exhaust side.--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut
SCCA ProRally driver
Hotrod Rabbit GTi