Re: Need your votes

Look on www.scirocco.org under Mk1 Parts for sale

Nathan at GPR is selling his beautiful 2.0 16v Mk1 with all the mods...I
really really wish I had the money

It says $4000 in the ad, but someone else said he was willing to take
$3500.

Eric

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Victor Farren wrote:

> My vote is for a Mk1 with 2L 16v a la Craig Williams and 'The Mad Bastard.'  Light weight car and decent horsepower = lots o' fun.
>
> You'll get more creature comforts with the Corrado, but you will probably be able to crush Corrados with a Mk1 set up with a worked 2L 16v.  I imagine $6,000 is more than enough for something like this, provided you do the work yourself.  The main problem will probably be finding a Mk1 is good enough condition to justify all the work.
>
> Victor

> My wife is stealing my Rocco, my prize 88 with 80k miles on it. She says she
> wants it and I can go find another. This "other" will be an all out toy. So,
> MK1, MK2-16v, or Corrado.
> I don't want to spend more than about $6,000 initially. And in the Corrado
> Dept. which is better, the G604 or the V6?
> Jon Palm
> 88 16v
> ? future

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox