Re: $193.00 Speeding ticket. need help

In a message dated 2/6/01 10:10:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
skerocdriver@juno.com writes:

I used to know alot of other little BS laws that are still on the books
from the horse and carriage days. Stupid and outdated but they're still
on the books. I love the horn law. You can be cited for honking your horn
when its NOT an emergency. Think of the revenue that NYC could generate
on this one! LOL!!

This reminds me of a story. Hit 'Next' if you don't care. Some guy was
day-dreaming in traffic one day when the light turned green. The guy behind
him honked at him  An officer got pissed and gave him a ticket and told him
"it's illegal to use your horn except to prevent injury". The guy went to
court and plead not guilty. When the judge asked why he honked his horn, and
how this was to prevent injury, the man replied: "because if he didn't move I
was going to get out and kick his ass!". So, the judge said "fair enough",
and dismissed it. Ok,...so it's not the best story in the world....

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)