Re: $193.00 Speeding ticket. need help

Dan,
You got lucky. My last ticket was written for 94MPH in a 55MPH. It was on New
Year's Day last year about 9:00A.M. It was clear as a bell and I was heading
out to the freeway on a stretch of road that is two-lane for about 5 miles.
The only car on the road was a car sitting in front of a farm house and it
turned out to be a CHP. He only wrote me up for 94MPH (39 over the 55MPH
speed limit). The reason he said that he wrote me up for only 39 was because
if he wrote me up for the 110MPH that he clocked me on radar, he would have
to tow my car and take me to jail for reckless driving.
I went to court and it cost me $311. If you don't have very many points on
your record (I had 4 points on my record at the time) and you plead not
guilty and talk to the DA or guilty with explanation in which you talk to the
DA. The DA reduces the ticket usually by half.
You can get a lawyer but is going to cost you probably about twice as much as
your current ticket. My friend paid $900 to get out of an exhibition of speed.
HTH
Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco (Soon to be 16V)
88 Scirocco 16V (Parts Donor)