Re: $193.00 Speeding ticket. need help

--- Dan Kraus <dirtbike@warwick.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got a $193.00 speeding ticket.
> 89mph in a 65mph
>
>     When I go to court next month and pled guilty is
> there any way I can have the fine reduced and/or
> lower the points? I have never had a ticket before.
>
> ahahah stupid black cop cars! ( no wait, Stupid me)
>
> Dan Kraus
>
> p.s how many points did I get for going 24mph over
> the SL?
>

> Location: Vernon NJ

There was a book out on this subject. I never read it
but I listened to a radio interview with the author.
He said things like you should always contest speeding
tickets, and never admit to doing anything wrong to
the cop after he pulls you over. He talked about how
inaccurate radar guns could be, and ways to prove
this. He also talked about how you can cancel your
first court date and reschedule another in hopes of
eluding the person who gave you the ticket. If this
person fails to show up, you are automatically
innocent.

 In my state (MN) your speed (24mph above speed limit)
would get the kind of mark on your record which your
insurance company can notice. You know what happens
now. Many police officers and judges are sympathetic
to this. You not only get punished by the law (in the
form of fines), but from the insurance companies. This
sympathy can often translate into a reduction in
points. The tactic here might be to admit you were
wrong, but not that wrong. Maybe you weren't really
going that fast?

I have also heard it said that posted speed limits are
really suggestions, and when you get a ticket, it is
merely someone saying: "in my opinion, your were
driving too fast." Your opinion, as a responsible
adult, might be different. Maybe traffic was light to
nonexistant. Maybe it was a beautiful day, lots of
visability, and you were not really being unsafe.

Hopefully someone else can remember the name of that
book I am referring to?

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos