Re: weird oil buzzer sounds

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Wing Gee wrote:
> >
> > ok.. since my car broke down because of no oil
> getting into the head, i've
> > been paranoid. i just fixed everything, now the
> oil buzzer comes on.
> > initially every thought it was the oil pump, which
> i ordered and should be
> > getting soon. but today. i unplugged the wire
> going into the senders on the
> > side of the head and the wire on the oil filter
> housing, leaving the oil
> > temp wire there. the damn buzzer still comes on at
> 4500rpm....  anybody have
> > any ideas before i go out and trouble shoot?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Wing Gee
> > 80' Turbo Scirocco (Busted Ring Version)
> > 84' Scirocco - It's Runs!! (sorta)
> > Http://www.TurboRocco.com (Almost There)
> >
> > --
>

> It has two oil pressure sensors I think, one for too
> low, and another
> for too high? You have a pressure reading on a gauge
> you can relate?
>
> TBerk
>
> --

There is also an oil pressure control unit (part
#32191906M) located somewhere in the dash. The part
listed above is about $45 from the dealer. This is for
an 87 16v by the way. Job one, when this happened was
to check, as TBerk suggested was to check the oil pump
pressure.

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos