Re: more ND show info

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> Since im completely unfamiliar with either of these (we stayed at one,
> but I forgot which is which in this discussion...) hotels, I think a
> quick and simple pick is in order. Doesn't matter to me, as long as we
> can all stay there and have no problems with the
> hotel/patrons/law/hookers/bartenders and whomever else might be involved.

The joint you and I stayed in recently, with the vaulted ceilings and
Tom Cruise on the tube, is the Marriott.  The other place is "just' a
Courtyard, *not* the one we stayed at last year in Milpitas.  I'm game
for doing the Marriott, I think perhaps the upper level of the parking
garage (right behind where you and I parked) might be suitable for the
group (and other ND attendees as well who will no doubt be there too).

> Something else to add here. Doug and myself were taking and we both think
> that we should all drive up thursday night to Lompac and do that drive on
> Hwy 1 on friday morning. Basically it will be the same deal as last year
> only were doing it a day sooner. This will allow us to sleep in til like,
> 8am on friday and not have to rush to get there to the hotel.

I'm game for this.  I guess the first thing to determine is who's joining
us from down here, and can they all get Friday off work.  If you're
planning on making the trip up from SD/LA, please sound off NOW!  We are
going to finalize our plans VERY soon.

> A final note on available cars for the drive.

If you have a spare car, I'd say that Daun/Jim are prime candidates.  I
assume Doug has Dirk & Tina covered?

A final note - we know from the number of the subscribers to the list
that there have to be a LOT of you out there within range of the show,
who haven't made one of these gigs in the past.  Please consider
attending this year!  Ask anyone who came last year, it was an
absolute blast.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0