Re: more ND show info

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> > Night Shadow wrote:
> >
> > > OK, lets decide now which hotel we will all book, and
> > book that sucker NOW
> >
> > Cost is equal, so that's not a factor.  They're both
> > close enough to the
> > venue, with the Marriott being a hair closer.
> >
> > Things to consider: we WILL be wanting to do a bunch of
> > shit in the parking
> > lot, I have a feeling that the Courtyard would be a
> > friendlier, more
> > tolerant venue for those activities.  The Courtyard we
> > were at last year
> > (a different one, in Milpitas) was VERY accomodating in
> > that regard.  And
> > they even let us use their huge lobby/lounge area to
> > scarf pizza, down
> > more beer, watch videos, and generally act like losers.
>
> > They were WAY
> > cool and never hassled anyone.
> >
> > The Marriott on the other hand is a nicer joint.  Their
> > clientele would
> > probably be less tolerant of a bunch of gearheads
> > loitering and drinking
> > in their parking lot, their security guards might not
> > like it or allow it
> > at all, and noise in the rooms (which was a non-factor
> > last year, I
> > think) would probably be complete taboo.
> >
> > So I guess I'm leaning towards the Courtyard.  I
> believe
> > that one was the
> > other venue last year, I will try to track down some
> > people who stayed
> > over there to find out how the management was.
> >
> > Any other ideas/observations, toss 'em out there..
>

> Hmmm, I need to call my cousin, as I *think* this
> Courtyard
> is the one she used to work at.
>
> I'll get back to you...

Ok, talked to Susan.  The Santa Clara Marriott is a lot
closer for us, AND they have better parking.  She worked at
the San Jose Marriott Courtyard for 4 years, and they
probably won't have the parking requirements we'll need.

My vote is for the Santa Clara Marriott.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." - Lily Tomlin