Re: different clutch types?

Well, if you must know, I'm just researching my purchase like any smart
person would do. I don't have $500 right now to buy all top of the line
stuff, and my clutch is bad. And one of the clutch sets is distributed by
Beck Arnley, not completely unknown. I've got a family to feed, bills to pay
and a job to get to, so sometimes, even though top quality is absolutely
preferred by my self, it is not always financially viable. I've got to make
my dollars go as far as they can, you know about that, I'm sure. So, I was
just checking all my options and I found something I wasn't familiar with
and came here to ask if someone else could share some knowledge with me.
Thanks for taking the time to check it out a bit, TBerk. I appreciate that.

Ryan
P.S. Speaking of potterman, why doesn't everyone thinking about this spring
buy kick in the extra $25 and buy from potterman? You know, send his kids to
college and all that... ?

> Ryan McCarthy wrote:
> >
> > I was just looking for a new clutch set and came across two different
types
> > listed - a "cover type" and "diaph. type". Anyone know what this is?
Thanks.

> > Ryan
> > 82 Scirocco GL
> > 90 Jetta Carat Wolfsburg
> >

> Sounds hinky, and this is 1st impressions,  haven't gone and looked it
> up yet.
>
> Big 64K Question:
>
> Why are you considering this unknown part for your dear Scirocco? Is
> there a quality about it that overrides some good SACHS parts? If it's
> price (My GOD! Price is not the defining decision maker!, heh, heh) then
> perhaps rather than seeking stuff by the dollar you should get the best
> quality stuff, from a list tended to vendor, Like Potter- This way you
> get good stuff, Potter sends his kids to college, and we all prosper
> when he is still around next year to provide good stuff at a good price.
>
> Nuff said?,
> TBerk
>
> PS- I just took a gander at that sight, tunneled down to this link;

<http://www.partsamerica.com/SelectParts.asp?SourceArea=SHOP&PartType=244&PT
Set=C&Description=Clutch%2FDrive+Shaft+Parts&SourcePage=PartTypes&SearchFor=
Clutch+Set+%28Plate%2C+Disc%2C+Bearing%29>