Re: different clutch types?

Ryan McCarthy wrote:

> I was just looking for a new clutch set and came across two different types
> listed - a "cover type" and "diaph. type". Anyone know what this is? Thanks.
>
> Ryan
> 82 Scirocco GL
> 90 Jetta Carat Wolfsburg

Sounds hinky, and this is 1st impressions,  haven't gone and looked it
up yet.

Big 64K Question:

Why are you considering this unknown part for your dear Scirocco? Is
there a quality about it that overrides some good SACHS parts? If it's
price (My GOD! Price is not the defining decision maker!, heh, heh) then
perhaps rather than seeking stuff by the dollar you should get the best
quality stuff, from a list tended to vendor, Like Potter- This way you
get good stuff, Potter sends his kids to college, and we all prosper
when he is still around next year to provide good stuff at a good price.

Nuff said?,
TBerk

PS- I just took a gander at that sight, tunneled down to this link;

<http://www.partsamerica.com/SelectParts.asp?SourceArea=SHOP&PartType=244&PTSet=C&Description=Clutch%2FDrive+Shaft+Parts&SourcePage=PartTypes&SearchFor=Clutch+Set+%28Plate%2C+Disc%2C+Bearing%29>

82 Scirocco Clutch Parts.

Dude.

Stop it.

Go here: <http://www.parts4vws.com>
Or here. <www.germanautoparts.com>
Drop them a line with what you have, and what you want, and get the
right thing.