From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Mawster Chadwick
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 2:50 AM
To: Scirocco Mailing List
Subject: g60 research

I'm currently researching what's needed to dump a g60 into a mk2.  Here's a couple of questions I've got about.... stuff.

1.  I'd like to use a 2.0 blok, but is it bolt-in compatible /w mk2?

2.  Does the 2.0 have a "forced air friendly" compression ratio?

3.  I think I'll need a new engine-management system (ugh) is this true?

4.  What's the boner-stock hp rating of the g60 1.8?

5.  Should some things be reinforced in the frame?  (I can sorta weld a little)

6.  Any Head recommendations? (big valve 8v, 16v)

7.  Manifold requirements... G60 proprietary?  Exhaust headers possible?

Sorry for all the q's, but I figgure this is probably one of the best resources around.  Lotsa ninjas on this list.

--Regards

Chadwick