Re: Next level past Mk1 'S' = GTX?

Hello,

yes, of course there were Scirocco GTi and GLi
in Germany. I owned a Scirocco GLi since 4 weeks ago and I still have the badge.
www.Scirocco2.de/whitec26.jpg

"i" is standing for the injected models that were introduced in 1976.

There were Mk1 and Mk2 GTi and GLi.

However, the GTX was only available as Mk2 ,
the difference compared to the GTi was the GTX bodykit, GTX rearwing and
GTX interior. ( to name the most important differences only )

The last Mk1 edition here before the Mk2 was introduced
 was the Scirocco "SL"

I don't see much sense in putting a different badge on a car where
it doesn't belong to , it won't run faster
- but just looks stupid to the ones who knows..
But that's just IMHO of course.

friendly Greetings
Dirk ;-)