Re: Next level past Mk1 'S' = GTX?

then Dirk Schneider wrote:

> Hello,

<snip>
> However, the GTX was only available as Mk2 ,
> the difference compared to the GTi was the GTX bodykit, GTX rearwing and
> GTX interior. ( to name the most important differences only )
> <snip>
> I don't see much sense in putting a different badge on a car where
> it doesn't belong to , it won't run faster
> - but just looks stupid to the ones who knows..
> But that's just IMHO of course.
>
> friendly Greetings
> Dirk ;-)

Uh, OK.

I'm not thinking of it because I'll get that 5 extra HP, I'm thinking
of something tasteful because it _will_ run faster; 1.8 10:1 motor
being freshened now, 2.0 liter on the way. Knock sensor, 4 disk
brakes, upgraded interior (split leatherette rear seat, fronts are S
gray stripes for now), H&R springs n' shocks, etc.  The idea isn't to
pose as something it's not but to identify it in an authoritative way.

Thx and peaceful blessings right back atcha',
TBerk