Re: You can use a golf 16v radiator in a rocco, right? Yes

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 07:47:27 -0800 (PST) josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com>
writes:
> So I may need to replace my radiator and I recall
> hearing that the GTI 16v one will work.  (I have a
> rocco 16v) That true?

Yes!!!

Adirondack sells it for $89, if anyone knows of a cheaper source for an
A2 16V radiator, please e-mail me.

> Been running the car in the driveway everyday to keep
> the battery charged and yesterday I let it idle for
> about 10 minutes.
>
> Came back outside and noticed steam coming from the
> front area of the drivers side hood.  Popped the hood
> and steam/smoke from the middle/bottom of the drivers
> side radiator.  Coolant overflow bottle empty.  Fan
> not running, temp gauge only at 1/2 mark or below it.

Maybe the fan switch isn't tight enough.

Otherwise it's probably the radiator.

I'd leave the hood open while you leave the engine running like that, so
that you can keep an eye on the fan and the temp gauge and find the
source of the steam a lot quicker.

> What gives?  Did I lose the fan switch, crack an
> endtank or something?  Car was fine the day before,
> didn't move an inch!
>
> -josh
>
> =====
> Josh Wyte
> Momentum Motorsports
> 508-833-3024 After 5 pm EST

Check and clean all the fan circuit connectors, they usually get corroded
from being right next to and underneath the battery.

HTH!!!

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -
http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.magnecor.com/ -
http://ronalusa.com - Discount dealer -  Bear, DE 19701 '79 Scirocco 16V,