Re: So do I need a different speedo gear when I drop in my 4k tranny?

Do you have a car with the black box for the o2 light? (it count miles
and turns on the LED). It'll have two short speedo cables (one tranny
-> box, one box -> cluster
).  I had one of these boxes freeze up solid on my '80 pickup years
ago.  Just replace both cables and a box with one "normal" long speedo
cable.

Ron

--- Lauri Pettai <lauri.pettai@netexpress.ee> wrote:
> Hmm...
>
> I have 2Y tranny with 3,67:1 final drive and the red gear to drive
> the speedo cable, but the problem is, that the red gear does not
> drive the speedo cable. What could be wrong? My speedo isn't
> working and every time I put in there a new gear it works for 1-2
> miles then the gear's teeth are worn off and my speedo stops
> working again. :( I've changed speedo cable 2 times rebuilt my
> tranny, but the problem is still there, the gears wore off withing
> 1-2 miles of driving.
>
> Anyone had similar problems?
>
> Lauri is speedoless!
> '84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
> http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
> I finally added something new to my site!
>
> > The 16V came with 3.67:1 final gears, and the speedo drive gear is
> red.

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.