RE: So do I need a different speedo gear when I drop in my 4k tranny?

No I have the one piece cable that goes directly
to the speedometer. The cable spins freely and if
you spin it enough fast the needle moves. But the
gearbox does not want to turn the speedometer for
more then 1-2 miles. :(

> Do you have a car with the black box for the o2 light? (it count miles
> and turns on the LED). It'll have two short speedo cables (one tranny
> -> box, one box -> cluster
> ).  I had one of these boxes freeze up solid on my '80 pickup years
> ago.  Just replace both cables and a box with one "normal" long speedo
> cable.
>
> Ron
>
> --- Lauri Pettai <lauri.pettai@netexpress.ee> wrote:
> > Hmm...
> >
> > I have 2Y tranny with 3,67:1 final drive and the red gear to drive
> > the speedo cable, but the problem is, that the red gear does not
> > drive the speedo cable. What could be wrong? My speedo isn't
> > working and every time I put in there a new gear it works for 1-2
> > miles then the gear's teeth are worn off and my speedo stops
> > working again. :( I've changed speedo cable 2 times rebuilt my
> > tranny, but the problem is still there, the gears wore off withing
> > 1-2 miles of driving.
> >
> > Anyone had similar problems?

Lauri is speedoless!
'84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!