Re: So do I need a different speedo gear when I drop in my 4k tranny?

Hmm...

I have 2Y tranny with 3,67:1 final drive and the red gear to drive
the speedo cable, but the problem is, that the red gear does not
drive the speedo cable. What could be wrong? My speedo isn't
working and every time I put in there a new gear it works for 1-2
miles then the gear's teeth are worn off and my speedo stops
working again. :( I've changed speedo cable 2 times rebuilt my
tranny, but the problem is still there, the gears wore off withing
1-2 miles of driving.

Anyone had similar problems?

Lauri is speedoless!
'84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!