Re: So do I need a different speedo gear when I drop in my 4k tranny?

Yup, you need to slip a new gear onto the end of the speedo cable.
Can't remember if you need the red or white one...(I *think* you need
white) - tell you what, whichever one you have, you need the other one.

Wish I had a extra - gave my last one to Foxx.

You can use your old one for now, just that your speedo will be
(3.94/3.67 = 7% or so off...

And yer gonnna LOOOVE the 4K.

Ron
--- josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I heard something about needing to swap out the gear
> on my 16v speedo cable to work properly with the 4k
> tranny.
>
> What's this all about?  Why can't I just drop the same
> old gear in there?  Did VW actually use a different
> amount of teeth on the older A1 trannys?
>
> If so, where do I get one of these gears and what's
> the part #?
>
> Oh, anyone in the Boston/Cape Cod area have a garage I
> could bogart for a little while?  :-)
>
> TIA!
>
> -josh
>
> =====
> Josh Wyte
> Momentum Motorsports
> 508-833-3024 After 5 pm EST

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.