Re: So do I need a different speedo gear when I drop in my 4k tranny?

--- Scirocco-Al <scirocco-Al@insight.rr.com> wrote:
> I don't think you can buy a just a gear, you will most
> likely have to buy
> the whole lower cable assembly.  I couldn't get one from
> my local import
> parts supplier the last time I tried.  You are probably
> going to have to get
> it from the dealer or a yard.  I was quoted $17.00 for a
> new one before I
> found out the they couldn't get them anymore.

Yes, you can get the gear from Potterman, just give him a
call.  :)

If you are changing from a 3.67 to a 3.89 or 3.94 final
drive (such as an AGB to 4K swap) you will have to replace
the gear for the speedo to read correctly.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup