Re: brake question - help!!

Did you read the Bentley?  You need to pump the crap out of the brakes to
reset the self-adjusters on the rear wheels.  You may not have noticed, but
your e-brake probably doesn't work either.   It will take at least a week
of driving before they return to "normal."

John
87 16v (new brakes a month ago...)