brake question - help!!

Just completed installing new calipers on all 4 wheels.  I bled the system
using a pressure bleader, getting clean fluid with no air bubbles on all 4
corners.  But the pedal is very soft, going almost to the floor.  The car
will stop, and the brakes do hold, but they are extrememely soft.  Have bled
the brakes 3 times and no change (no leaks either).  When pushing the brakes
I sometimes get a splashing in the master cylinder resevoir, also.  Finally,
brake pedal feels good with the car off, but as soon as I start it up, it
goes extremely soft.

What could be wrong.  MC is only a year old, but I think it says 20 on the
side.  Isn't the 16V MC supposed to be a 22MM?  Would this cause my
problems, or is it something else entirely?

Please help, I need to get this car back on the road as soon as possible!

Brad

87 16V Scirocco
vwrocco87@hotmail.com