Bad Idling and Missing below 4200 RPM

Hi all,

	I could use some suggestions.  Car in question is an '86 1.8 16v.  The
problem is it is running rough at idle (idle speed raises and falls,
missing), has an off idle stumble, and generally runs like crap (misses,
slow acceleration) until about 4200 rpm.  It doesn't seem to matter if the
engine's cold or warmed up.  Recent work (less than 500 miles ago) includes
new O2, new distributor, new rotor, new cap, new plugs, four new injectors,
timing belt and tensioner, and ignition control unit.  The car fires up no
problem.  I checked the cam timing and the points line up.  I checked
ignition timing and it's maybe a couple degrees advanced of 6'.  I thought
it might be a vacuum leak (since the cam timing turned out to be okay), but
the injectors, hose connections at the throttle body and hose connection at
the air meter all appear okay (tested with spray lubricant).  Any ideas on
what to check next?

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II