Re: brake line installation

With your car on jackstands, put your jack under the axle beam.  Remove
the four bolts (2/side) holding the beam pivots to the body, and let
the beam drop away from the body.  Support with more jackstands (you do
have at least two sets, right?)

You can simply cut the old lines in two, then lower the beam some more
for access.  Soak the rusty old fittings with PB Blaster.

When removing old lines (and, for that matter, installing new ones) be
sure to hold steady the fitting on the steel line end - don't wrench on
it, just hold it.  *Turn* the fitting on the hose end.  That way you
won't twist hell out of the steel line and ruin it, and curse and so
forth.  DON'T use open end wrenches, go to Sears and get some flare nut
wrenches.  Do this now.

Clean all threads, pull the fitting from the steel line away from the
flare and and clean under there too.  Some toothbrush-sized wire
brushes are good for this.  You can get these at Sears when you get
your flare nut wrench set.

Installation is reverse of removal.  Can't remember which end is easier
to do first, probably no difference.  Be careful jacking the beam back
up, you want to make sure the holes line up with the studs in the body.
 Loosely fasten one side, then line up and fasten the other, then
return to the first side to snug up.

You *did* make a Cheapass Ron (tm) Brake Bleeder, didn't you?

DIDN'T YOU??

("No" is not an acceptable answer.  Go to the tech procedures on .org,
and find the instructions, and get the weed sprayer etc. at Sears while
you're there.)

G/L

Ron