RE: C.V Shaft Question

Yep, if you can't wriggle it out otherwise, loosening one or the other
end of the control arm makes it easy.  What Dave said works fine.  I
like to undo the rear control arm bolts, sometimes slipping that front
one in can be a PITA.

Ron

> Simple.  Take the 19mm headed bolt out of the lower control arm mount
> (where
> it mounts to the frame horns or where the lower stressbar is hooked
> to).

> Dave
>
> > The car is my new purchase 85 8v. I have changed these shafts
> before, but
> > always with the hubs off. My question is: Do you have to unhook the
> lower
> > ball joint and pull the hub away or will the shaft compress enough
> remove
> > it? The car is sitting in a gravel driveway and if I can do it
> without
> > having to take alot apart I will be much happier. Thanks.

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.