Re: Parts Needed: 16v Wheel Bearing Housings

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:22:40 -0800 "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@prodigy.net>
writes:
> Not bolt on CALIPERS, bolt on CARRIERS!!  There is a difference.
> Plus, all calipers have to bolt on somehow.  So, the ones with the bolt
on
> caliper carriers are the ones you can fit on 10.1" brakes on and (I
thought)
> the 100mm axles.  I have used 84 knuckles for a future 100mm upgrade, I

> guess I'll see if they fit when I put the tranny in (the axles that
is).
> Hope this clears things up.  I may be a little off on the year but I
know
> it isn't specific to the 16v.
>
> Dave

Before you use exclamations and capitals, maybe you should read what you
write, since Tom was replying to what YOU wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:55:36 -0800 "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@prodigy.net>
writes:
> I didn't remember for sure if it was 84 or 85 but it is the one's
> with the bolt on calipers which IS what I said.  So the 85 and up
Scirocco
> knuckles will work with 100mm axles as long as they have the bolt on
caliper
> carriers.  HTH!
>
> Dave

Tom was only using your language, "bolt on calipers which IS what I
said".

Remember this...

"I am NOT trying to start anything but only trying to stop the uneducated
suggestions that I have been seeing more and more of lately.  I realize
that
nobody is perfect and mistakes are made (I think I made one once: ) ) but
if
we claim to have experience and the list is to be ran professionally (to
point) then we need to make sure our information is correct.  With the
internet, it is really easy to back up something that you heard the other
day at your friend's house about one header working better than another
header by checking the specs online.  Just make sure that your
information
is backed up!!  Plus, for people being advised, make sure that you get
other
opinions and do some research of your own.  DON'T go by what a couple
people
on a some newsgroup told you what to do on your own car.  Ultimately, the
end user is the one responsible for what they do to their own cars!!!"

> > ALL Sciroccos have bolt on calipers.  Only the 85 and up will
> accept 100mm shafts.  I've heard you can do some minor grinding to fit
them in
> early knuckles, but, haven't tried it myself.  I may end up having to
> when I go to put the 16V into my 79.
> >
> > Tom in Tucson
> > www.area-53.com
> > Ten VW's, three Audi's, two Chevy's and counting.

...That's exactly right Tom!!!

Btw, if you are replying to someone's post, PLEASE send them a copy, it's
the right thing to do.

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -
http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.magnecor.com/ -
http://ronalusa.com - Discount dealer -  Bear, DE 19701 '79 Scirocco 16V,