Re: Vanagon lights

--- Bill Collins <photo@intrex.net> wrote:
> The funny thing is that its becomming popular to
> take these lights off of the Vanagons and go back to
> the round sealed beam lights (or the H4 replacements
> for the round lights)!  Apparently these lights
> don't hold up well over time (and the US ones may
> have a different (worse) light pattern than the true
> Euro lights)
>
> Bill
> ------------------------
>  I just noticed that exact thing the other day. Some
> vanagons lights looked
>  exactly like euros. I know the nylon bushings used
> for the adjusters are the
>  same, but the bracket for the lights may be
> different when it comes to the
>  bolt-up for the corner marker.
>  Al
====================================
Just in case someone else did not say this - Vanagan
(rectangular) main beam lights are not the same as and
will not work as Scirocco 2 "euro" lights.

The high beams will work in "typical" euro Scirocco 2
headlight setup.

I say "typical" since there are three different
headlight set-ups on european Sciroccos . . .

;-)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)