Re: Window rubber (all around)

At 9:02 AM -0500 12/17/01, Mike Blain wrote:
>Im sick of the swimming pool in my car!   Ever since the paint job,
>my windows have leaked.
>(as i read someone elses similar situation on the list)

Haven't read of the similar situation yet (hardly surprising since
I'm 2400 list mails behind right now) but I might be able to offer
some additional information here - I was told that whenever you
re-use these seals, you should clean them out as meticulously as you
can.  The fins inside them need to be free of grime, paint, crap,
mold, etc if you want them to seal against the glass and the
sheetmetal when you reinstall them.  Haven't tested this theory yet,
but I was told by a guy who had done an incredible ground-up on his
scirocco that I WOULD have leaky glass if I didn't.

If you've got the time, it might be worthwhile to pull your leaky
seals and clean them out...