Re: That eBay guy just doesn't learn....

legally, yes, you can sell the game to your friend. but he doesn't have the
right to use it. when you buy a peice of software, the bulk of the cost you
are spending is for the right to use it. if you were to give the friend a
letter stating that you give up all legal use of the software and relinquish
use to the friend then the friend can apply to the software company for use
of the product (which is usually granted without payment). just remember,
you can thank Microsoft for this one. Billy boy is the driving force behind
most of the software piracy laws, not just in the US as well. Being in
Canada and in the Computer feilld myself, I have to watch almost everything
that Microsoft does trying to get laws passed 'cause usually my sheep of a
government generally follow what the US does.Thus we end up with
international piracy laws, and people like me are still finding loopholes to
get around them. like, did you know that if you bought 1 copy of windows 98
you can install it on as many computers as you want? you just have to make
sure that there is only one of those computers turned on at any given time.
or if it's a game or the like, you can only run it on one computer at a
time. however if you get someone to hold the information for you (for
payment or not) and the software is run on more than one computer for more
than 3 sec. that is not legal, unless there is a test being done on either
computer(this way a computer tech can run the same program on multiple
machines to see if there is a problem with the software...

Stoopid laws that nobody whould try to keep up to...
Jerry Carter
'81 Mk1 Sciriocco