Re: 2.0L 8v Questions

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Doctor Dubsalot wrote:

> head is Hydraulic. Using the hydraulic head will allow
> one to utilize a knock sensing ignition system from
> say, an 85 golf gti. With this setup, you can run your

I have heard, from a number of sources, that one can use knock sensing
ignition with a mechanical head. the knock sensors bolt low on the block
and filter out everything except teh frequency they monitor, which is very
different from the frequency of valvetrain noise.

No personal experience in this area, but the explanations i have heard
make sense to me. so, i'd put knock sensing in a car with mechanical
lifters, for sure.

take care,

Steve