Re: 2.0L 8v Questions

My good fellow:
As i'm sure you know, the JH and RD cylinder heads are
almost identical except for one key feature... The RD
head is Hydraulic. Using the hydraulic head will allow
one to utilize a knock sensing ignition system from
say, an 85 golf gti. With this setup, you can run your
high compression ABA bottom end without worries of
detonation. It is true that a JH head will work just
fine, but it is also true that on that hot, summer
day, under heavy load, detonation is always a risk,
even with higher octane fuels. Ever seen the results
of a detonation damaged piston? A knock sensor system
doesn't work well with a solid lifter engine due to
it's confusing lifter clatter with detonation. I hope
this answers your question. Happy dubbing and
Christmas!
Dr. Dubsalot