Re: 2.0L 8v Questions

Doctor Dubsalot wrote:
> You can slap on your JH engine's head or better yet, an RD
> head with hydraulic lifters. This second option will
> allow the use of an 85-89 golf GTI 8v knock sensing
> ignition system.

There's no reason a knock sensor ignition will not work with a solid
lifter head. I know of several people doing just that and I had a KS
ignition on my ABA block, JH head combination before I installed my
Haltech.

> It's been said that an ABA head will outflow a
> decently ported JH/RD head.

It's been said that a stock ABA will outflow a stock JH/RD. I've never
heard anybody say a ported ABA will outflow a ported JH/RD. What the
Hell! The limit is the valve size anyway. It's easy to port out either
head bigger than even a 42mm intake valve will use.
Dan