Back to the list...

Hi Guys,

After 4 years of driving Golfs I’m back to owning a Rocco and being back on
the list.  I still recognize some of the names and the expertise.
Anyways, I bought an 80 Scirocco that I’m planning on rebuilding into a
solo1&2/summer car.  Right now I’m in the process of stripping it down and
soon will be learning of all the joys of autobody work.  A cage is in the
plans and I’m still undecided on the engine choice.
I wanted to fire off my first question to everyone.  Are there any options
for lightweight body panels?  Does anyone make lightweight fenders/hoods,
etc.???  I’d like to offset the weight of the cage somehow.
Thanks very much.

Sead Causevic
Vancouver, BC, Canada