Re: *ENGINE CEASE UPDATE* (long)

gotta love the Mitsu for that one. my friend Mack has a theory and it makes
sense, here is what he said:

***

I have another idea as to what may have happened!!!! You could have very
well pumped all of your oil to the top of your engine by keeping the rpms so
high!

DO NOT LAUGH!!!! I am serious about this. If you pumped all of the oil to
the head, you would get air in the pump, resulting in no oil pressure. this
is where your OP light turns on and the scary buzzer starts screaming. then,
when the car stopped running, you added
extra oil the oil.then when you checked the oil later, it has all fallen to
the bottom of the engine, hence your huge amount of extra oil. THEN when you
checked the plugs, there was extra oil on the threads because all of the oil
pressure pushed oil through the gasket that separates the head from the
valve cover.  I AM TEH WINNAR!!!!!1

This is why porsches run dry sump systems. also it keeps the foam out of the
oil. NASCAR cars run scavanging pumps in the valve covers to keep oil moving
through the engine to prevent this from occuring, because running a V8 at
7500rpms for a couple hours will do the same thing.

***

this makes sence. he is TEH WINNAR!1 after all. but how do i prevent this
from happening again? just not redline it? what fun is that? what if i
*want* to go 120? thanks guys!

-Craig
"Nightmare" '88 16v (soon to be g60 Turbo!!)