From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Scott F. Williams
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 9:50 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: voltage fixed?... FIXED! :-)

Fellows, I fixed that discharge problem of mine rather easily. After my
rounds of diagnostics, I was rather convinced that the voltage meter was at
fault. So, I grabbed an alternator out of my rallycar with intent to swap
the whole thing in. I got the Scirocco's unit out and voila, the problem
became obvious.

There are two electrical connections that go to the alernator -one is a
major (red) power cable. The other is a (blue) mystery wire. What does that
little guy do? Regardless, it was broken. I repaired it and bolted
everything back up. Now, I've got 13.2V without load and a little over 12V
with everything turned on. It could be better, but it sure beats walking
away from a dead car in the middle of the night. :^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!