Mystery Vacuum Hose

Im hooking up my Scirocco 16v engine and there are 3 vacuum connections
coming from the intake boot just after the air flow meter.  The face out
toward the passenger side fron of the engine comaprtment.  The big one does
a "U" turh and goes to the throttle and the littlest one turns the other way
and goes to the drivers side wheel area to a vacuum reservoir I think.  The
middle one is about a half inch and goes accross the front of the block and
appears to turn in back tword the block under the no. 1 spark plug.  Near
the knock sensor. I am comparing with several stock 16v roc  engine pics and
I cant see where it goes.  Anyone?  This really sucks...

Thanks
Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical  : (
Vortex "Indiana Red"
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"