Re: car wont run!!!! (or start)

>Not sure if this is related to your starting problem but I found a few
>things out.
>On my 16v I had replaced the cap, rotor, plugs and wires, it runs great!!
>STILL have the hard starting in the morning problem. and this morning the
>damn thing wouldnt start AT ALL!
>I talked to my tech friend in Dallas and he said I need a special wiring
>harness adapter an allen wrench and an ohm meter, Whenever one replaces
>these things that I had replaced I need to make sure the fuel mixture is
>also adjusted.  Ok so in GM why is this adjusted 80 times a second in 80-84
>models and 120 times a second from 85 to 92 models, but yet VW you have to
>do this manually?
>HHmmmmmmm.....
>I asked the tech if he knew of anyone that wanted a scirocco.  Just getting
>tored of it not starting and fighting me every morning.
>-=John=-

No, it is not strictly necessary to adjust the fuel mixture after
replacing the major wear items in the ignition system.  Sounds like you
have a cold starting problem, could be your coolent temperature sensor,
the wiring to your 5th injector, or your 5th injector itself.

At the other end of the spectrum, it's probably more likely it's a bad
grounding situation.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that the root of
many evils in these cars is the positive and negative leads from the
battery to their respective locations.  I suggest replacing them with
high quality 8 or 4 gauge wire (try http://quickcable.com).  After
replacing mine with some high quality 8ga wire from quickcable, my
volt meter jumped a volt if I remember correctly.  Lacking
immediate replacement, find, remove and clean all the connections. Then
add more grounding from the battery neg terminal to the engine, alternator,
and chassis.  I am not overstating the problem here, it can cause all
sorts of poor running, and especially poor starting like you're experiencing.

I suggest you wait for a while before tackling your fuel mixture adjustment.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net