Idea for back-lit gauges... [was: Brighter gauges for Mk1.]

I've got a '00 Jetta with back-lit gauges, and I too have been pondering how
to accomplish that very task. I think with some hobby stuff, it CAN be done
for under $100. Look at your Timex(R)Indiglo(R) watch......you can buy that
stuff. Specialty model shops carry it in big (enough) sheets to use on the
gauge cluster. NOW, how to do the needles themselves.......

I think that stuff is called 'Light Sheet' or something.
Here's the place where I found modelers using it....
http://www.ketzer.com/
go to his section for: Model Making and check out the Millennium Falcon,
check out the 'How it was made' section and go to the Lightsheet
section.....DING!

HTH

Dan
Tam-pa, FL