RE: Scott & injectors was Re: voltage dropping... dropping...

The Bubbster asked"
> So, what was the resistance of those injectors? And what's the flow
> rating?

I measured my set of Bosch injectors sourced from a Ford Thunderbird
Supercoupe (the supercharged 6-cyl motor). The flow rating is 295cc which
should be perfect for making a little bit over 200hp at a slightly raised
fuel pressure. Duty cycle should be about 85%. The average resistance came
to 14.9 ohms.

> Do you know what resistance range the G60 ECU needs to be able to drive
> them? Not trying to be an ass, just curious. Some ECU's can only drive
> high impedance injectors.

Yeah, the G60 ECU can work with this level of resistance just fine. However,
it still needs to be reprogrammed since the injector flows more. This will
cost me about $75 per batch of chips. I'm anticipating the need for two
rounds.

> And last, if you're going with the G60 ECU what did you do with the TEC
> II you bought?

Ah, yes. The TEC-II will be installed in my high-strung 323GTX. With high
compresion ratio (9.5:1) and up to 14lbs of boost, I need all the control I
can get. I might just trade the unit in for a TEC-III, though. There are lot
more nifty features in that system. The biggest shortcoming in the version
that I've got is that there is only one auxillary output. That will be used
for boost control, of course. But, then there's other stuff that I'd like to
play with like water injection, etc.

> Progress on the wide band O2 controller is slow. I understand the
> circuit and what the little components do pretty well and now have some
> confidence I can build it and have in my hot little hands a real honest
> to God 5-Wire O2 sensor, but breadboarding it is way too ugly for me.
> So, now I'm working on how I can make or have made a PC board. Slow, but
> learning a lot.
> Dan

Well, you've got a customer right here if/when you get that thing together.
Wideband O2 is the only way to fly. Come think of it, wasn't I just
corresponding with one of you gurus about manufacture of neato electronic
gizmos? There is definitely a Scirocco-l lister that can help you with this,
Dan. I just have to figure out who it was... Allyn, could you pitch in with
this? But, damn... who else was I rapping with?..
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor