voltage dropping... dropping...

This car of mine is a real pain in the ass. According to my voltmeter, it
has been charging consistently at around 13V (seems sorta low) for the last
week. However, it dropped to 12V yesterday morning. Last night and this
morning it is pegged at 10V. Hopefully, I'll be able to drive it home this
evening. :^(

Tech specifics: The alternator is newly rebuilt and the belts are tight. The
battery is mounted in the trunk with the ground cable run to the rear bumper
bolts. Hmmm... could this be a problem with the voltage regulator?
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor